Thursday 11 January 2018

Take a Deep Breath

Take a deep breath;

Take a deep breath
And
Jump
That's it, 
ok
I can do it afterall
This is the hardest part
This has got to be
The hardest part, just
Take a breath

And

JUMP

I won't know
how it will feel
If it will end in pain
Just break me up
Bust me up
But not kill me

Ah shit
Just take a deep breath
And
jump
for fuck's sake
Jump...jump...jump

...

And in that moment
A vision dawned
That life and death
Were twinned
Joined at the hip

And with lungs filled full
Possessed not by reason
But by the fool
In me
Exhilarated by a possibility

This

The first freshness
I had felt in years
I was here
I was here
And somehow

The longing for an ending
Gave birth to a beginning

And I felt the
Spectre's touch
Slip around me
But not
The touch of loss
Not loss any more
Gentle Nihil, tender Nihil

Nihil

For soul's too sore
For hearts
that once on sleeves
were worn

Before
connective tissues
torn
Before
we tattooed
our souls
with incantations
and vows
that no more pain
would be allowed

And bridges would be burnt
And no more
Lessons would be learnt
Except
Numbness until death
Numbness until death

But then
I felt Nihil's breath
Now 
a subtle whisper
melt
the dark magic
of my vows

And ask
That I have faith
That the ordinary
Will be enough
If I'd just take
a deep breath

And

Jump

No comments:

Generation of Men

A Generation of Men A generation of men, that didn't cry a generation that weren't allowed to a generation of strong soldiers ...