Wednesday 13 December 2017

Beyond the Bars

Beware of the Watchmen.
If you are thinking of escape,
they are on alert
and will catch you in their gaze.
and convince you that
here is where you belong
sure, it's almost all you have known

Beware of the Watchmen
if you need to get free;
to open the shackles
and learn how to breathe
For beyond the bars
it's uncertain and cruel
To leave this security
Would be the wish of a fool

Beware of the Watchmen
and their cocktail of fixes
for if you try to get past
their barbed wire and ditches
you'll have become so hooked
on their dopamine lines
you'll return like a dog
with tail between thighs

Give me back my screens
Give me back my vice
Give me back my blanket
Give me back my lies

But Sir,

the doors are wide open
and you have the key
You own this prison
You didn't want to be free!

No comments:

Generation of Men

A Generation of Men A generation of men, that didn't cry a generation that weren't allowed to a generation of strong soldiers ...